Black Hawk Elementary School
Black Hawk Elementary School serves approximately 500 K-5 students in the communities of Glendale Heights, Addison, Bloomingdale, and Lombard, Illinois. At Black Hawk, highly skilled and dedicated educators work together to implement an educational program which provides our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become productive members of society and lifelong learners.
Black Hawk classrooms are dynamic learning environments designed to support the mental, emotional, and physical well-being of every child. Positive partnerships between Black Hawk’s teachers, parents, and community encourage our students to continuously grow and achieve inside the classroom and beyond.
A Black Hawk student will be respectful, responsible and safe. They will never give up, they will encourage others, and do their best.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
- Recognized as an Honor School by the American Reading Company for our work to ensure that every student can read, write, and think on grade level.
- Won the Marquardt School District 15 Battle of the Books District-wide Championship in 2014 by demonstrating a high level of reading skill, knowledge, and teamwork.
- Received staff member grants resulting in more dynamic and effective instruction and learning environments, most recently from Donor’s Choose, the Meemic Foundation, and Bucky’s Mobil.
- Honored for outstanding student character annually with a Pillar Award by Glendale Heights CHARACTER COUNTS! Coalition.
- Raised awareness and money for the American Diabetes Association through student participation in the School Walk for Diabetes for over 15 years.
- Volunteer regularly to help provide food on weekends to members of the school community who might otherwise go hungry through Blessings in a Backpack.